May I come in? I'm sorry if I'm late. I did put a nice dress on, though. Also, I didn't do the assignement right... But I'm sure I can come up with an excuse: I just need to ask my pupils, they know such good ones!
(Okay, so this is not exactly me, or my dress... But I can dream?)
Bon, d'accord, ce n'est pas exactement la robe que j'ai enfilé pour aujourd'hui, mais il n'y a pas de mal à rêver!
I was supposed to define my blog but gardening took over and seems to have cleared my brain of all thoughts. That, or I just can't define my blog. Yet. I keep my fingers crossed that such a party will be organised again later.
Le sujet du jour était de définir son blog... Mais je n'ai jamais trouvé le temps de me pencher sérieusement sur la question....
I can't define my blog, but I can define what it's not. It's a start, isn't it?
Par contre, je peux à peu près dire ce qu'il n'est pas.
a) It's not a blog read only by family and friends as it was destined to be when I wrote my first article. My mum turns out to be the only family member to read my blog... I'm sure you know her as she leaves lots of (always nice) comments... And she has her own blog as a writer, which you can check here.
Very first meal with my parents at the house.... You may notice that the tags are still on the chairs!!!
1) Ce n'est pas, comme je le pensais au départ, un blog destiné à la famille et aux amis...
b) It's not a photographer's blog. My camera is tiny little thing doing it's best to take good pictures, but sometimes its owner just doesn't know how to capture the light or find the right angle.
I would considerate buying a better camera if I was 100% sure the fault is always on the camera and not on me and if I didn't have better things to spend money on, like tiles, doors, windows and kitchen... I almost forgot sofa, coffee table, bookcasesss.... You get the idea, don't you?
2) Ce n'est pas du tout un blog de photographe, étant donné le tout petit appareil photo que je possède et mes grandes difficultés à trouver la bonne luminosité pour faire des photos!
c) It's not a designer's blog. I'm just a teacher with absolutely no knowledge of what should or shouldn't be done as far as decoration goes. I've just always loved houses... But most of time is spent working for my pupils, rather than decorating.
3) Ce n'est pas le blog d'une décoratrice professionnelle. En fait, je n'y connais rien, ça m'intéresse depuis toujours, par contre.
d) It's not a blog to give advice... Not that I don't want to help my readers, but I really don't have a clue about what I'm doing: I just take it one step after the other... Hopefully in a few years, I will have something useful to share. My neighbour and I laugh at ourselves as we always speak about her projects for our houses: like, "in 2023, I will have a nice garden shed, here, and the fake ceiling in my room will be gone by 2025!!!"
The dining room the day I moved in... One of those rooms that so need renovation! Even if I know nothing about decoration, I can't do worse, now, can I?
4) Ce n'est pas un blog de conseils... Ce n'est pas que je refuse de vous aider, j'en suis juste incapable!!! Mais quand on voit au dessus ma salle-à-manger, je me dis qu'il faut oser se lancer, ce ne pourra pas être pire!
e) It's absolutely not a blog about a perfect house!
Current state of my office nook in the living-room... And don't think it's my only bookcase, I have two others in the same state... And books in every room, bathroom included...
5) Ce n'est pas du tout le blog d'une maison parfaite, comme vous le montre l'état actuel d'une des nombreuses (et toutes débordantes) bibliothèques de la maison!
Magali, from the Little White House xxx
I'm joining Sarah at Modern Country Style: